Ever imagined what it might be like to live in a community full of people who once supported Ron Paul for president of the United States? Well, imagine no more. The concept from which late-night talk show hosts and comedians alike will draw material for months is becoming a reality, thanks in part to a web site, Paulville.org.
Paulville.org is the online home of a group of like-minded individuals who believe in freedom, liberty and in changing the world one community at a time. Their goals include establishing “gated communities containing 100% Ron Paul supporters and or people that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty.”
According to the site’s news page, the first parcel of Paulville land has already been purchased. A short distance from Dell City in West Texas, it’s described as “a 50-acre chunk of land, it is flat and level and ready to be developed.”
While the concepts of freedom, liberty and striving to make the world a better place appeal to me, I won’t be moving to Paulville anytime soon. I would, however, like to pass on some little-known Paulville facts:
1. Spamming is the favorite leisure activity of residents in Paulville;
2. Everyone in Paulville has two first names;
3. Crime is high in Paulville because police officers patrol the community in blimps;
4. The only doctors in Paulville are gynecologists;
5. Debates at Paulville city council meetings take forever, since no one is ever declared the winner;
6. There are no stores in Paulville, because everything is sold door to door or online;
7. Utility lines in Paulville are buried underground to prevent residents from spamming the poles;
8. Paulville residents pay no taxes; instead, the city council raises funds online;
9. All of the street signs in Paulville are made by residents; and
10. Everyone in town practices Paulygamy!
To learn more about the community, visit Paulville.org.