Bob McCarty is the author of two nonfiction books, Three Days In August: A U.S. Army Special Forces Soldier’s Fight For Military Justice and THE CLAPPER MEMO.
A native of Enid, Oklahoma, Bob graduated from Oklahoma State University with a degree in journalism in 1984. During the next two decades, he served stints as an Air Force public affairs officer, a political campaign manager, a technology sales consultant and a public relations professional.
Today, Bob spends most of his time researching topics, writing about them and publishing those writings. When he’s not writing online, he’s working as an author.
Bob’s first published book, Three Days In August (October 2011), chronicles the life story and wrongful conviction of Sgt. 1st Class Kelly A. Stewart, a highly-decorated Green Beret combat veteran.
In his second book, THE CLAPPER MEMO (May 2013), Bob connects the dots between a memo signed by James R. Clapper Jr. — the man now serving as our nation’s top intelligence official — and the deaths of dozens of Americans in Afghanistan at the hands of our so-called Afghan “allies” wearing the uniforms of their nation’s military, police and security forces.
Bob is married, has three sons and lives in the St. Louis area.
Bob is available for media and blogger interviews. Simply drop a comment here, leaving your name, organization, phone number, e-mail address and area of interest. He’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
Bob McCarty is the author of Three Days In August (Oct ’11) and THE CLAPPER MEMO (May ’13). To learn more about either book or to place an order, click on the graphic above.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing BobMcCarty.com. As a condition to and in consideration of receiving and accessing BobMcCarty.com, the User agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. Use of or access to BobMcCarty.com shall constitute acceptance of and agreement to be bound by this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS BobMcCarty.com. If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact the webmaster.
BobMcCarty.com Access Agreement?THIS AGREEMENT “Agreement” is entered into by and between BobMcCarty.com and any individual, corporation, association, agency, company, or other entity who accesses or uses BobMcCarty.com (the “User” or “you”).?BobMcCarty.com, which is provided without charge to you, is a World Wide Web site on the Internet that is designed to allow users to post jobs and/or to view jobs posted by other users or interact with those users. BobMcCarty.com is owned and operated by Bob McCarty, L.L.C. BobMcCarty.com contains or may contain information, communications, opinions, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, audio, video, software, photos, music, sounds and other material and data (collectively, “Content”) formatted, organized and collected in a variety of forms that are generally accessible to Users, including directories and databases, and areas of BobMcCarty.com that can be modified by Users, such as posting jobs, uploading multimedia files, registering user profiles, and creating Auto-Notify profiles (“Interactive Areas”).
1. User Rights and Responsibilities
1.1 Access to BobMcCarty.com.?You are responsible for providing all hardware, software, telephone or other communications equipment and/or service to connect to the Internet and access BobMcCarty.com and are responsible for all Internet access charges, telephone charges or other fees or charges incurred in connecting to the Internet and accessing BobMcCarty.com.
1.2 User Conduct.?You agree to access and use BobMcCarty.com only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations, pertaining to (i) your use of BobMcCarty.com, including any Interactive Area, (ii) the use of any networks or other services connected to BobMcCarty.com, and (iii) the communications means by which you connect your modem, computer, or other equipment to BobMcCarty.com. By accessing BobMcCarty.com, you agree that you will not:?(1) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Interactive Features;?(2) post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law;?(3) post or transmit any information, software, or other material which violates or infringes in the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.?(4) post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component;?(5) alter, damage or delete any Content or other communications that are not your own Content or to otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access BobMcCarty.com;?(6) disrupt the normal flow of communication in an Interactive Area;?(7) claim a relationship with or to speak for any business, association, institution or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;?(8) violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of your Internet access provider or online service.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
?2.1 BobMcCarty.com Classifieds content.?(a) You acknowledge that Content on BobMcCarty.com is generally provided by BobMcCarty.com, individual contributors of Content (“Contributors”), third party licensees, and/or other Users. You acknowledge that BobMcCarty.com permits access to Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including intellectual property) rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”), and that these Intellectual Property Rights are valid and protected in all media existing now or later developed and except as is explicitly provided below, your use of Content shall be governed by applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws. You acknowledge that BobMcCarty.com owns a copyright in the “look and feel,” i.e., the selection, coordination, arrangement and presentation of such Content.?(b) You may not modify, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, publish, create derivative works from, display or otherwise transfer or commercially exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, provided, however, that you may (i) make a reasonable number of digital or other form of copies to permit your computer hardware and software to access and view the Content, (ii) print one copy of each piece of Content, (iii) make and distribute a reasonable number of copies of Content, in whole or in part, in hard copy or electronic form for internal use only. Any permitted copies of Content must reproduce in an unmodified form any notices contained in the Content, such as all Intellectual Property Right notices, and an original source attribution to “Bob McCarty,” “BobMcCarty.com” and its related URL addresses. You acknowledge that BobMcCarty.com, its Contributors, and/or Users remain the owners of the Content and that you do not acquire any Intellectual Property Rights by downloading or printing Content.
2.2 Content Provided by User.?You may upload to any Interactive Area or otherwise transmit, post, publish, reproduce or distribute, on or through BobMcCarty.com only Content that is not subject to any Intellectual Property Rights, or Content in which any holder of Intellectual Property Rights has given express authorization for distribution over the Internet and on BobMcCarty.com, without restriction whatsoever. Any Content submitted with the consent of a copyright owner other than you should contain a phrase such as “Copyright owned by [name of owner]; Used by Permission.” By submitting Content to any Interactive Area, you automatically grant and/or warrant that the owner of such Content, whether it be You or a third party, has expressly granted to BobMcCarty.com the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sublicense, distribute, perform, and display such Content, in whole or in part, worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any Intellectual Property Rights that may exist in such Content. You also permit BobMcCarty.com to sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to such Content. You also permit any User to access, view, store and reproduce the Content for personal use.
3. Interactive Areas?You acknowledge that BobMcCarty.com may include various interactive areas (“Interactive Areas”), including but not limited to jobs. These Interactive Areas allow feedback to BobMcCarty.com and real-time interaction between users. You further understand that BobMcCarty.com does not control the messages, information, or files delivered to such Interactive Areas and that BobMcCarty.com may offer you and other Users the capability of creating and managing an Interactive Area. However, neither BobMcCarty.com, its subsidiary and parent companies, or affiliates, nor their respective directors, officers, employees and agents are responsible for Content within any Interactive Area. Your use and/or management of an Interactive Area will be governed by this Agreement and any additional rules or operating procedures of any Interactive Area established by you or another User, as applicable. You recognize that BobMcCarty.com cannot, and does not intend to, screen communications in advance. Moreover, because BobMcCarty.com encourages open and candid communication in the Interactive Areas, BobMcCarty.com cannot determine in advance the accuracy or conformance to this Agreement of any Content transmitted in an Interactive Area. BobMcCarty.com is not responsible for screening, policing, editing, reviewing or monitoring any Content in an Interactive Area. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that BobMcCarty.com has the right to monitor any Interactive Area, from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Interactive Area, or to protect itself or other Users. If notified of Content that is alleged not to conform to this Agreement, BobMcCarty.com may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the User to remove such Content. BobMcCarty.com reserves the right to prohibit conduct, communication or Content within an Interactive Area, or to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any Content, in whole or in part, which it deems in its sole discretion to (i) violate the then-standard provisions of this Agreement or any other standard, written BobMcCarty.com Classifieds policy in effect at that time, (ii) be harmful to the rights of any User, BobMcCarty.com, or other third parties, (iii) violate applicable law, or (iv) be otherwise objectionable.
4. Termination?The only right with respect to dissatisfaction with any policies, guidelines, or practices of BobMcCarty.com in operating BobMcCarty.com, or any change in Content, is for you to discontinue accessing BobMcCarty.com. BobMcCarty.com may terminate or temporarily suspend your access to all or any part of BobMcCarty.com, without notice, for conduct that BobMcCarty.com believes is a violation of this Agreement or any policies or guidelines posted by BobMcCarty.com, or for other conduct which BobMcCarty.com believes, in its sole discretion, is harmful to BobMcCarty.com or other Users. BobMcCarty.com may discontinue operating BobMcCarty.com and terminate this Agreement without notice at any time for any reason in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access BobMcCarty.com, including the Interactive Areas, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to Content downloaded from BobMcCarty.com, as well as the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
5. Links; Disclaimers Of Warranties; Limitations of Liability?5.1 Links. You understand that except for Content, products or services expressly available at BobMcCarty.com, neither BobMcCarty.com, its subsidiary and parent companies, or affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents controls, provides, or is responsible for any Content, goods or services available through sites on the Internet linked to or from BobMcCarty.com. All such Content, goods and services are made accessible on the Internet by independent third parties and are not part of BobMcCarty.com or controlled by BobMcCarty.com. BobMcCarty.com neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, quality or availability of any Content, goods or services available on any site linked to or from BobMcCarty.com, which are the sole responsibility of such independent third parties, and your use thereof is solely at your own risk. Neither BobMcCarty.com, its subsidiary and parent companies, or affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents shall be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused by your use of or reliance on any Content, goods or services available on any site linked to or from BobMcCarty.com or your inability to access the Internet or any site linked to or from BobMcCarty.com.?5.2 Disclaimer of Warranties. Please use your best judgment in evaluating all information contained or opinions expressed on BobMcCarty.com. It is the policy of BobMcCarty.com not to endorse or oppose any opinion expressed by a User or Content provided by a User, Contributor, or other independent party. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF BobMcCarty.com IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER BobMcCarty.com NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS OR OTHER SUPPLIERS PROVIDING CONTENT, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES WARRANTS THAT BobMcCarty.com OR ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM BobMcCarty.com WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NOR DO ANY OF THEM MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF BobMcCarty.com OR ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM BobMcCarty.com OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, AUTHORITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR SUBSTANCE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR TRANSACTION PROVIDED THROUGH BobMcCarty.com OR ANY SITE LINKED TO OR FROM BobMcCarty.com. BobMcCarty.com IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.?5.3 Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BobMcCarty.com, ITS SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES UNDER OR ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, BobMcCarty.com, OR ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM BobMcCarty.com, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED OR ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, ELECTRICAL SURGE/DAMAGE/INTERFERENCE, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, BREAKDOWN OF EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE ERROR, INFRINGEMENT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION, OR USE OF, RECORDS.?UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BobMcCarty.com, ITS SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN BobMcCarty.com OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM BobMcCarty.com. THE CONTENT WITHIN BobMcCarty.com AND THE CONTENT WITHIN INTERNET SITES LINKED TO OR FROM BobMcCarty.com MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE CONTENT HEREIN; THESE CHANGES WILL BE INCORPORATED IN NEW VERSIONS OF BobMcCarty.com AND SPECIFICALLY ARE INCLUDED IN THIS SECTION AGREEMENT. BobMcCarty.com AND ITS CONTRIBUTORS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE CONTENT AT ANY TIME AND FROM TIME TO TIME.?YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BobMcCarty.com IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, FRAUDULENT, OR OTHERWISE ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY BobMcCarty.com Classifieds SITE CONTENT, OR WITH THE ACCESS AGREEMENT OF BobMcCarty.com, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING BobMcCarty.com.
6. Indemnity?You agree to indemnify and hold BobMcCarty.com, its parent or subsidiary companies and their affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liabilities, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from breach of this Agreement, any other policy, your use or access of BobMcCarty.com or any Internet site linked to or from BobMcCarty.com, or in connection with the transmission of any Content on BobMcCarty.com.
7. Miscellaneous?This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between BobMcCarty.com and you, and supersedes any prior agreements with respect to the subject matter herein. BobMcCarty.com may revise this Agreement or any other policy at any time and from time to time, and such revision shall be effective two (2) days upon posting notice of such revision prominently on BobMcCarty.com. You agree to review this Agreement periodically to be aware of such revisions. If any such revision is unacceptable to you, you must discontinue accessing BobMcCarty.com. Your continued accessing and use of BobMcCarty.com following notice of any such revision shall conclusively be deemed acceptance of all such revisions. The provisions of Sections 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6 and 7 shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement or any other policy be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intention of the parties and the remaining portions will continue in full force and effect. The failure of BobMcCarty.com to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state or province of domicile of BobMcCarty.com, excluding its conflict of laws rules, and you and BobMcCarty.com each submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state or province. This Agreement is personal to you and you may not assign your rights or obligations thereunder to anyone. All logos, brand names, products, trademarks and service marks appearing herein may be the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. References to any trademark, service mark and links to or from BobMcCarty.com have been done strictly for clarification and identification and does not constitute endorsement by BobMcCarty.com of the products, services or information offered by the owner of such trademark, service mark or link or endorsement of BobMcCarty.com by such trademark, service mark or link owner.