Six years ago today, I shared news about a liberal political strategy that endangers our nation. Today, because many in the conservative universe seem to forget these details as often as they remember them, I’m sharing the news again, pulled from what remains of the BobMcCarty.com archives, and updated as necessary.
“You can’t just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done,” said President Barack Obama, directing his comments at Republican leaders in Congress early during the week of Jan. 26, 2009. During a 15-minute segment on Fox News Channel’s Fox & Friends program Jan. 29, 2009, Limbaugh responded by saying the 44th president was attempting to employ Rule #13 of the late Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.”
Not familiar with Saul Alinski or his socialist “Rules”? Fear not.
Part of a no-longer-online document, What Every Public Official Should Know About Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals,” Rule #13 reads as follows:
PICK THE TARGET, FREEZE IT, PERSONALIZE IT, AND POLARIZE IT.
Reread President Obama’s comment above, and you can see that Limbaugh was right: President Obama picked his target (i.e., Limbaugh); he personalized his message; and he turned the conservative radio talk show host into a polarizing figure by telling Republicans they can’t get things done by listening to Limbaugh.
Did President Obama continue to employ Alinsky’s 13 “Rules” during his six years in the Oval Office? Take a look at them below and decide for yourself:
1. Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the experience of your people.
3. Whenever possible, go outside of the experience of the enemy.
4. Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
5. Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.
6. A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
10. The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
11. If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside.
12. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
From race-baiting and out-of-control spending to reckless foreign policy and cover-ups of massive proportions, the Obama Administration has not only employed these Rules, but it has employed them in ways once thought unimaginable by all except the most radical politicos. And did I mention executive orders?! Damn!
I encourage you to print these “Rules” and use them as tools via which to keep track of Obama’s actions and the actions of other liberals, democrats and socialists of his ilk as the 2016 election cycle draws near. Then, in 2016, vote as if your life depends on it!
For links to other articles of interest as well as photos and commentary, join me on Facebook and Twitter. Please show your support by buying my books and encouraging your friends and loved ones to do the same. To learn how to order signed copies, click here. Thanks in advance!
Click on image above to order Bob’s books.