Tag Archives: Texas

Is Accuser’s Facebook Update Riddled With Inaccuracies?

After reading my recent article about Michael Silva’s request for clemency, a friend of Silva’s shared what appears to be damning observations about the allegations that landed the former Air Force military training instructor behind bars for 20 years, convicted of multiple sex crimes.

Alleged Facebook status update posted by Michael Silva's accuser Sept. 4, 2012.

According to MSgt. Lisa Chloros, USAF Ret., this is a screenshot she captured of a Facebook status update posted by Michael Silva’s accuser Sept. 4, 2012.

“What is interesting is these ‘alleged’ victims don’t realize that, when they lie about things like rape and life in general, they will be found, especially in social media,” wrote MSgt. Lisa Chloros, USAF Ret., in a comment on my Facebook page Tuesday. Via Facebook message earlier today, she noted her findings date back as far as 2009 and include many social media postings. In addition, she asked me to make it clear she is aiming her comments only at those engaged in the business of making false allegations.

One of those things, she explained, was a status update posted by Silva’s accuser on her Facebook page Sept. 4, 2012. The text of that update appears below with only minor modifications for clarity while the photo above shows her exact words:

“The person who sexually assaulted me was my training instructor. When I reported it to a doctor at Wilford Hall Medical Center because I realized the flashbacks I was having were causing me to blackout. I told him I just needed him to tell me how to stop passing out after flashbacks because I couldn’t risk my career! He looked straight at me and said we aren’t going to talk about that. I was discharged for migraines, which the doctor admitted to me I didn’t meet the criteria for that diagnosis but he would recommend discharge because I wasn’t going to ruin his career. My training instructor literally stalked me until discharge. The last thing he said to me is “Are you going back to your home of record?” I stayed home for Christmas and moved away. For years, it’s affected my life. I didn’t tell anyone for many reasons after being discharged. I’ve been working on this issue to be taken care of. I recently found a promotion list. He is now a chief master sergeant and stationed a few hours from me. It’s taking senators to stop him now! Thanks to help at the VA, I’m doing much better. They changed a diagnosis a civilian doctor gave me of bipolar disorder, realizing my symptoms were from military sexual assault and post-traumatic stress disorder. Nightly nightmares, anxiety attacks, flashbacks and sleep deprivation is devastating to a person. Thank You God for giving me the strength to do what I said I would do the night it happened, that is not let him win and one day see that he ends up in Fort Leavenworth. Please let everything myself and those backing me be successful in holding him responsible for his actions.”

Below, I break out four items Sergeant Chloros gleaned from that Facebook status update:

1) Silva’s accuser claims the person who sexually assaulted her is now a chief master sergeant. Silva, however, was a master sergeant (i.e., two ranks lower than chief) who had been selected for promotion to senior master sergeant (one rank lower than chief) and was not allowed to put on that rank due to the allegations she had made against him.

2) Silva’s accuser claims she recently found a promotion list, implying his name was on it. The newest promotion list at the time of her Facebook posting, the December 2011 yearly Air Force chief master sergeant promotion list, did not list anyone with the last name, Silva, and Michael Silva’s name didn’t appear on any promotion list until Feb. 28, 2013 — over five months after his accuser had posted her status update.

3) Silva’s accuser claimed (Silva) was “stationed a few hours from me,” despite the facts she was living in the Pacific Northwest and he was living in San Antonio and had been living there since 2009.

4) The military doctor Silva’s accuser claims she contacted is now a civilian physician who lives and works in California. He testified during Silva’s trial in January that no female basic trainee ever reported to him that she had been raped and, if one had made such a report, he would have reported it immediately.

“I just discredited her whole story with her own words,” Sergeant Chloros said, by simply analyzing one Facebook status update.

According to Sergeant Chloros, some aspects of the accuser’s social media activity were presented during trial, but many more were only discovered after the trial. That in mind, I reached out to Joseph A. Esparza, the San Antonio-based civilian defense attorney who helped represent Silva, ans asked him if any arguments were made concerning Facebook status updates posted by Silva’s accuser in September 2012 that appear to conflict with her trial testimony. When I receive an answer to my question, I’ll share it in an update.

If, based upon the details highlighted above and in the previous article, you believe Silva deserves some form of clemency, I encourage you to reach out to Maj. Gen. Mark A. Brown, 2nd Air Force commander, who is the convening authority (a.k.a., “the decision-maker in the case). All three of the men listed below are worthy contacting with your concerns:

MAJOR GENERAL MARK A. BROWN <– Update: He is the convening authority!
2nd Air Force
Keesler AFB, MS
Email: mark.brown@us.af.mil

BRIGADIER GENERAL ROBERT D. LABRUTTA
c/o 502nd Air Base Wing Public Affairs
2080 Wilson Road
JBSA-Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-5004
Phone: (210) 671-2907
Email: usaf.jbsa.502-abw.mbx.fsh-public-affairs-office@mail.mil

LIEUTENANT GENERAL DARRYL ROBERSON
Air Education and Training Command
1 F Street, Suite 1
JBSA Randolph TX 78150-4324
Phone: (210) 652-5224
Email: darryl.roberson@us.af.mil

Thanks in advance for reading and sharing the article above and those to follow, and please show your support by buying my books and encouraging your friends and loved ones to do the same.  To learn how to order signed copies, click here.

Click on image above to order Bob's books.

Click on image above to order Bob’s books.

Does String of Incidents Show Donald Trump Right?

Evidence of the Obama Administration’s failure to secure our nation’s borders has surfaced in no fewer than three highly-publicized incidents involving illegal immigrants who, after being deported as many as five times, stand linked to the deaths of innocent Americans in 2015. Perhaps, Donald Trump is right, and the United States does have an immigration problem.

Donald Trump by Gage Skidmore

Donald Trump by Gage Skidmore

The first incident resulted in back-to-back murders the morning of January 31. Suspected of the murders is 31-year-old Victor Manuel Reyes, a man who was sentenced to 5 years for drug possession in 2010, according to Harris County, Texas, court records. Officials also said an immigration hold had been placed on Reyes, because he was here illegally.

News9.com – Oklahoma City, OK – News, Weather, Video and Sports |

The second incident took place June 20 and resulted in the death of Bob Barry Jr., 58, a beloved sportscaster in Oklahoma. Multiple news reports reveal Gustavo Castillo Gutierrez, 26, was charged with causing an accident without a valid driver’s license and drug possession on Tuesday. In addition, authorities confirmed Gutierrez had previously been deported three times.

The most-recent incident took place in San Francisco during the Independence Day weekend and resulted in the fatal shooting of Kathryn Steinle, 32. Accused of the seemingly-random murder is 45-year-old Francisco Sanchez, a man who was reportedly deported five times prior to the incident after settling in the “sanctuary city” by the bay.

Unfortunately, few members of Congress seem interested in immigration reforms and border security changes that might prevent atrocities like those outlined above. Same goes for the White House where President Barack Obama and his lackeys have blood on their hands.

For links to other articles of interest as well as photos and commentary, join me on Facebook and Twitter.  Please show your support by buying my books and encouraging your friends and loved ones to do the same.  To learn how to order signed copies, click here. Thanks in advance!

Click on image above to order Bob's books.

Click on image above to order Bob’s books.

Award-Winning Polygraph Examiner Blowing Smoke

After reading what Fort Bend County (Texas) Sheriff’s Office Lt. James Fontenot allegedly told a reporter about polygraph countermeasures, I’d love to hear the veteran polygraph examiner explain why the Customs and Border Patrol arrested Chad Dixon for teaching people polygraph countermeasures. In other words, I think he’s blowing smoke.

Polygraph Exam

“I have never met anyone who I felt could beat the polygraph. That stuff online on how to beat a polygraph test does NOT work, these behaviors are easily recognized by a polygraph examiner,” said Lieutenant Fontenot, a man who, according to a Houston Chronicle article published today, recently received the Tim Kennedy Examiner of the Year Award presented by the Texas Association of Law Enforcement Polygraph Investigators for 2014, the top honor for polygraph examiners in the state.

In case you missed it, 34-year-old Dixon was uprooted from his life in Marion, Ind., and sentenced in September 2013 to eight months in prison for teaching polygraph countermeasures Lieutenant Fontenot — a man described as having conduct some 3,000 polygraph examinations — claims do not work.

Why am I so interested in the statement made by this Houston-area polygraph examiner?  Because I conducted an extensive four-year investigation of credibility assessment technologies, including the polygraph, and reveal what I uncovered in my second nonfiction book, The Clapper Memo. And, trust me, what you see on television and in the movies about polygraph exams is chock full of holes.

To learn more about The Clapper Memo, read other posts about the book.

To understand everything I’ve uncovered about the polygraph and its competitors, order a copy of The Clapper Memo.

Click on image above to order Bob's books.

Click on image above to order Bob’s books.

CORRECTION: In the original version of this article, I incorrectly listed the FBI instead of CBP as the arresting agency.

INSIDER: Ebola Fears Drive Patients From Dallas Hospital

UPDATE 10/23/2014 at 10:18 a.m. Central:  A CNBC report confirms what I shared almost two weeks ago. Among other things, the article points out a 21 percent drop in average daily patient occupancy and a 25 percent decrease in surgeries.

UPDATE 10/18/2014 at 5:59 a.m. Central:  In an article this morning, ABC News expanded on the news I shared eight days ago.

UPDATE 10/16/2014 at 8:32 a.m. Central:  My friend in Dallas tells me he observed a CDC representative at his place of employment (i.e., a major medical center in Dallas) “observing an in-service on one of the ICU units,” a possible indication they could be getting a patient soon. Same person said he’s “heard rumblings from Presby that nurses are threatening to walk out” after “being thrown under the bus” by CDC director and others.

The number of patients seeking care at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas on any given day has nosedived since Thomas Eric Duncan began receiving treatment after contracting the Ebola virus, according to an employee at the hospital. Following his death, many tough questions face this hospital and others as Ebola looms as a nightmarish threat.

Ebola Virus

Ebola Virus

Two days ago, I spoke with a friend who works at a major medical center in Dallas, but NOT the hospital — known to locals as “Presby” — where Duncan sought treatment once, was mistakenly sent home, and later returned for before dying days later. My friend told me that a friend of his who DOES work at Presby shared the disturbing news about unwanted side effects of the hospital’s involvement with Ebola.

Specifically, that friend of a friend said the number of patients at Presby receiving care (a.k.a., the “census”) nosedived after news broke about Duncan being treated there for Ebola and, as a result, many employees — including nurses, nurse assistants, housekeepers and others — have had their shifts cancelled due to a shortage of patients.

In other words, people are choosing to go to other hospitals for care.

This morning, I called Presby’s public relations office to inquire about the hospital’s census numbers. Not surprisingly, no one answered and I had to leave a message asking for a return call. I do not anticipate a quick response — or any at all for that matter — as I suspect they have been flooded with media inquiries.

If what this friend of a friend insider claims is true, this news only adds to the hospital’s woes.

According to a Dallas Morning News report Oct. 2, Presby has lagged behind its peers on emergency room care and lost some federal funds the past three years because it had high discharge rates of patients who later had to return for treatment.

It will be interesting to see if, despite its best efforts to educate people about Ebola, Presby can survive. Likewise, it will be interesting to see what happens if it does not survive and other hospitals are forced to deal with Ebola and the fears people have about stepping inside a healthcare environment where Ebola-infected patient(s) have received treatment and/or died.

EDITOR’S NOTE: I will update this article if or when I receive a reply from the PR folks at Presby.

Click on image above to order Bob's books.

Click on image above to order Bob’s books.